By Jasmine Williams
As the holiday season approaches, being short on funds can be a problem when shopping for gifts. Instead of rushing to malls and standing in long lines, finding gifts that will touch the heart without breaking the bank can be a simple solution.
- Baking desserts is a sweet and cheap treat for them to enjoy. Buying cookie dough, cake or pie mix can all cost under $5.
- Scrapbook pictures to reflect back on the memories shared with friends and family. This idea is a gift that keeps on giving as pages and pictures can be added for new memories and then gifted again.
- Instant hot chocolate mix in jar makes a quick do-it-yourself project that can be done a variety of ways. The hot cocoa mix is poured in the jar and then layered with marshmallows, chocolate chips, and/or chopped peppermint candy. For a personalized touch, a card can be attached to or on the lid of the jar.
- Crocheting a beanie, scarf, gloves or anything warm is a thoughtful and useful.
- Compile videos of family and friends into one that can be shared over the holiday season.
- Customize porcelain mugs or plates using Sharpie paint pens to write sentiments, initials, or draw designs. Bake mugs or plates in oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes and let cool once done.
- Cooking a favorite food item or dish shows off the hard work put into the meal and takes into consideration of what they like. Keeping it simple is key to staying in a budget.