By: C. Harold Pierce
A pickup truck caught fire Sept. 16 after its gasoline line leaked in the parking lot south of Dunlap Hall.
The engine of a Nissan Frontier burst into flames when the owner doused an initial fire with bottled water, according to witnesses. There were no injuries and only one car sustained damages.
“I had a little bottle of water in the truck, and tried putting it out with that, but the flames got bigger,” said Arturo Franco, the owner of the truck.
Firefighters arrived at about 9:40 a.m. and extinguished the fire within 20 minutes.