It’s summer in So Cal and liven’ is Easy…
If you follow our guide.
After a year of attempting to eat healthy and gearing up for a beach body, it’s time to let loose and enjoy the finer things in life.
3 UNEXPECTED FOOD SPOTS:
Great choices for food don’t have to cost an arm and a leg this summer.
4 ESSENTIALS from the 99 Cent Store for summer:
Try Pinkberry’s mango frozen yogurt. Choose from mochi to chocolate chips as toppings.
Stop by Rite Aid and grab a scoop of their signature creamy cookies and cream on a cone for less than $2.
5 FOODS that won’t hurt your wallet: They aren’t the healthiest options but who cares?
Mac & Cheese
PLAY: Instead of spending summer indoors scrolling through your Facebook feed, check out some of these Orange County hot spots
6 PLACES to check out over summer break:
- ART AND MUSIC: Explore local art exhibits at the Orange County Center of Contemporary Art, including work of all mediums. Check out free concerts and attend free hands-on art workshops that are conducted in English and Spanish. Visit the center at 117 North Sycamore St., Santa Ana 92701.
- TAKE FLIGHT: Experience your inner Top Gun dreams while visiting the Flightdeck Air Combat Center in Anaheim. Soar in more than nine different fighter jet simulators. Feel the thrill of taking part in air-to-air combat or cruise on a commercial airliner in the simulators. It’s located at 1650 S. Sinclair St., Anaheim 92806.
- BLAST FROM THE PAST: Take a stroll along cobblestone streets and shop at Old World Village in Huntington Beach. The eight-acre replica of a German Bavarian village is home to many Deutch themed shops. Walk around with a brawtwurst and a mug of Warensteiner. Swing by the Vilalge at 7561 Center Ave., Huntington Beach 92647.
- GEMS ALONG THE COAST: Breathe the fresh air this summer and take an OC Wildlife Beach Tour. Half-day tours take you along the coastline to explore different kinds of marine life in the tide pools. Watch sea animals and plankton in their habitat. For more info on pricing visit ocwildlifeandbeachtour.com.
- CURTAIN CALL: Broadway comes to the West Coast at the Segerstrom Center for the Arts. Watch award winning musicals take the stage, like the DreamWorks hit film Catch Me If You Can. Tickets start at $20, a bargain. For upcoming plays and musicals visit scfta.org.
- PEDAL TO THE METAL: Rev up your engine and take your next summer fling to K1 Speed. Strap into a go-kart and speed up to 45 mph as you crash and bump into your competition. Sign up for email newsletters to receive coupons. Visit k1speed.com for more information on hours and prices.
3 THINGS to do for little or no money: